May Tech Group is looking for a Help Desk Analyst for a full time position beginning immediately. Analysts must be available to work on client issues on some weekends and holidays in exchange for a flexible schedule. You must have reliable personal transportation (miles are reimbursed) and a dedicated home office space in Missoula with a high speed internet connection available. This job requires travel to client sites within a 50-mile radius of Missoula. The selected candidate will be provided with the equipment necessary to perform these job functions from his or her home office.
So, if you have experience working at an IT help desk, great interpersonal and communication skills, an honest work ethic, a good attitude, a passion for technology, and are up for the challenges posed by working with a variety of information systems for different clients, we’d love to hear from you.
The pay is fixed between $16-18 per hour, with performance and sales bonus options.
Please send us an email with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com if you meet these requirements:
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Love working with people
· Ability to engage with clients in a friendly manner that sets them at ease
· Ability to explain complex technical problems in a way laypeople can understand
· Two years of help desk experience or related experience in IT network management
· Ability and desire to continuously learn new skills
· Self-motivated and self-disciplined
· Solid work ethic
Necessary technical skills:
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Fluent in google search
· Thorough understanding of networking, routing, TCP/IP
· Understanding of firewall rule management
· Ability to replace/upgrade PC and server hardware – hard drives, RAM, RAID controllers
· Comfortable working in a command-line / shell environment
· Basic programming and scripting
· Active Directory management best practices
· Microsoft Exchange management best practices
· Email setup and common application management on mobile devices
· Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
Desirable technical skills:
· A clearly definable troubleshooting methodology or framework
· Experience working with the HIPAA Final Security Rule and the SANS Top 20 Critical Controls
· Google Apps management
· Cisco IOS basics
· SIP phone and PBX management (Asterisk or similar)
Here are some of the most common daily tasks you may perform:
· Troubleshoot general computer and network issues as they arise
· Respond to help desk requests and interact with clients to resolve their issues
· Ensure junior help desk team members are following procedures for ticket management
· Work with clients over the phone, use remote desktop sharing, or visit them locally
· Log and track requests for assistance related to internal and client-supported systems
· Monitor network management systems
· Provide on-site installations of network systems for clients
· Replace or upgrade internal computer hardware components
· Conduct periodic user satisfaction surveys
· Consult with clients to help them develop new/improved information systems
· Compile data and prepare reports discussing project progress, trends and appropriate recommendations based on the information you gather
· Make recommendations for improvements of internal and client information systems
· Attend training or industry events related to information systems
Why May Tech?
We’re an innovative, growing company with much to offer our clients and our employees. For clients: we pride ourselves on our superior customer service and creative cost-saving technical skills. For employees: paid vacations, sick leave, and financial incentives are all available from day one, and we make sure you have the tools you need to get your job done.
At May Tech, you get to work from home and on-site with clients providing end user technical support for a dynamic, up-and-coming technology consulting firm with a diverse set of clients. Stretch your brain by working with Windows, Mac and Linux systems – workstations and servers. Stretch your body by upgrading hardware, moving computers, and taking the stairs instead of the elevator at client sites. Have fun working with a team developing exciting ways to exploit cutting edge open source solutions.
We’re a team that works well together. We enjoy getting up for work every day and we intend to keep it that way. 🙂 And finally, we’re committed to the success of our customers and ourselves, both in business and personal endeavors.