We at Axle Informatics are looking for students who are detail-oriented and quick learners to be the next interns in a high-performing, fast-paced organization that offers innovative services to one of the top medical research centers in the world, the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
About the Company:
Axle Informatics is an information technology company that offers innovative computer services, informatics, and enterprise solutions to research centers and healthcare organizations around the globe. We focus on developing and applying technology tools and techniques to empower decision-making and accelerate the discovery in translational research. We have developed multiple software programs and applications specialized for different types of research facilities & universities aimed at optimizing laboratory operations. Our solutions encompass sample management, data acquisition and processing, reporting, and scientific data management.
- Attaining hands-on experience with developing both front and back-end bioinformatics software
- Designing new features and performance enhancements for existing systems
- Participate in testing and fixing bugs in existing written codes
- Developing a guide detailing program limitations to aid in future analysis of investigator datasets
- Help develop effective pipelines to manage and visualize scientific datasets
- Gaining on-site work experience at various locations within the NIH
Who you are:
- Demonstrated interest and understanding in computer science or bioinformatics disciplines
- You’re hungry to learn. Give you data, tools and resources and let you soar!
- You want to apply what you’re learning directly to your work to make your job easier
- You aim to simplify your work processes by finding patterns and making your work efficient
- You care about the quality of your work and are adamant in ensuring things are flowing smoothly
- Strong work ethic and coolness under pressure in a “live” environment
- Junior or senior BA/BS or working towards a MS, Post-baccalaureate or PhD candidate in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, or related field
- Able to work independently at times and be able to give 20 hours/week
- Ability to work under independently, just as well as general supervision
- The ability to work in a team environment with changing priorities
- Performing statistical data analysis with MATLAB and/or R
- Basic knowledge of MySQL and SQL reporting techniques
- Understanding of AngularJS, Node.js and Bootstrap within a dynamic content environment
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask in a fast-paced environment. Extreme attention to detail
We’re looking for someone to see the work to be done and top it, to move fast and find solutions, and to get the job done each and every day. If you draw energy from working with a small, dedicated team, then Axle is for you.